Datum: 23 en 24 oktober 2018
Tijd: 10:00 - 18:00
Docent: Avi Bahat
Locatie: Wingerdweg 32, 1031 CA Amsterdam
Voor wie: masseurs en massagetherapeuten
Prijs: € 260,=
This 2 days' workshop is specifically for Massage Therapists who wants to improve their work on the neck area. Rolfers, Structural Integrators, Trager practitioners (or advanced students) will benefit a lot from this opportunity to go into depth of this complicated area.
For Massage Therapists it will also serve as an introduction for this special works.
The two elements 1) releasing (or recognizing support) and 2) organizing the structure around the central axis, are interrelated and needs one the other for achieving the result of free neck, good posture and vitality.
Two complementary approaches: releasing a held neck and organizing the neck structure.
How to release the neck?
- The support principles and practice.
- The passive neck movements that encourage natural release of tension.
- Building the connection from neck to earth via the correct use of the leg and foot!
Organizing the neck structurally
- Open adhesions in the various muscles attached to the neck.
- Opening adhesions at the neck connections with the shoulder blade - creating the right space for free movement of the neck and shoulder blades.
- The right position of the neck above the thorax at the back of the spine - straight up with no forward, backward or sideways deviation.
- Correct neck movement on tilting sideways, bending forward, and straightening back
Avi Bahat is a wonderful teacher an a true bodywork master. For more information about his work, see his site.
This course is given in English. When you take the Neck workshop and the Shoulder workshop, we will give you a discount of ca 15% at the Shoulder Workshop. So you don't pay € 135 but € 115 (€ 20 to be returned to you during the workshop).